Banana peels are not toxic to dogs, but they can be difficult for them to digest. While consuming a small amount of banana peel is unlikely to cause harm, it’s best to avoid feeding banana peels to your dog.

The peel is tough and fibrous, which can potentially cause digestive issues, such as blockages or upset stomach. If your dog accidentally ingests a banana peel, monitor them closely for any signs of discomfort, vomiting, or diarrhea.

If you notice any concerning symptoms, it’s recommended to consult your veterinarian for proper guidance. It’s generally safer and healthier to offer your dog peeled, ripe bananas as an occasional treat, while ensuring they are given in moderation as part of a balanced diet.